1. Complete table 1 using your data from the experiment.
ET50 value is:
Produce the inverse ET50 value for your experiment.
1 ÷ _____________ = _________________________
Compare the test groups. Which cup had the most leaf disks floating after
5. Were there any test group cups without floating disks? Explain this.
6. How do floating disks correspond to the rate of photosynthesis?
7. According to your data, does light intensity affect the rate of photosynthesis? Explain.
8. Why was the experiment run with a Sodium Bicarbonate solution and not just
9. If the leaf disks were boiled, what kind of result would you expect? Explain
10. Design (only design, do not conduct) an experiment using the same setup to
investigate a different variable in the rate of photosynthesis. Explain what
you are planning on testing, how you would collect the data and how you
would interpret the results.
11. Combine your pictures (at least 2) and your graphs (one scatter plot and one
bar graph) into a single Microsoft Word document and upload to Moodle. You
will need to take pictures with your cell phone or camera, save to your
computer, and then open the Word document, select the INSERT tab at the
top, and then select PICTURE. Choose the pictures from wherever you saved
them on your computer.