One of the goals of Healthy People 2020 is to reduce health disparities among populations. Select one of the leading health indicators as identified by Healthy People 2020 and write a research paper of 750 words on the health disparities related to that condition. For the health indicator selected, the paper should include a discussion on the following:
- Definition of the problem
- Descriptive epidemiology (person, place, time)
- Etiology (causes, risk factors)
- What disparities do we know exist for this disease?
- Why do these disparities exist?
- What explanations have been offered or supported?
- What research questions have not been studied that may provide new, insightful information regarding this health problem?
- Why is it an important public health problem?
- What are some social, political, or economic barriers in our current health care system that impede disease prevention and health promotion for this health problem?
- How would you educate/disseminate information about this health problem to the public? (target group, financial constraints)
- How could one of a health administrator/manager’s general policies or policies specific to this health condition impact the health status of the target population?
You are required to use a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.