2 iLab –
* Compare/contrast commercial wind
turbines “offshore” versus “on land”.
* Compare the electricity created from a
home wind turbine versus a home wind “spire”.
* How many wind spires would your home (or
use an average 2000 square foot home)? Need to cover your daily electrical
needs? (Cite your references.)
* Geothermal heat is having another
“revival”. Explain how it works in a home and how much it would cost
to add this to your home (determines your square footage or use an average 2000
square foot home)? Cite your references.
* How much would it cost to install enough
solar panels on your roof to generate all your daily electrical needs? How many
panels (size?) would you need?
* How can landscaping (trees/bushes) affect
your heating and cooling bills?
* Choose any three cars brands that are a
minivan, a compact car, and a sedan/crossover. Compare their mileage (city
versus highway). Do any of these models come as a hybrid? If not choose one
that does. Compare the fuel statistics for the same car as a
“regular” gasoline car and the hybrid version. In your budget and
life style, explain the fuel savings if your next car purchase was a hybrid
vehicle. Include all references used.