Mishkin, F. S., & Eakins, S. G. (2012).
Financial markets and institutions (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ:
Within the secondary mortgage market is something called, mortgage-securities,
also known as securitized mortgages. What is meant by those terms, and what are
2. What are the factors that affect exchange
rates in the long run? What happens to the exchange rate (for the domestic
currency) when the factors are either increased or decreased?
3. What are the factors that change the exchange
4. If we are comparing the U.S. dollar to the
euro, and the euro increased in value from $1.35 to $1.45, what happened to the
two currencies? Show the appreciation or depreciation rate for each currency.
(Show all work/calculations/formulas.) If we are comparing the U.S. dollar to
the yen, and the yen decreased in value from $.99 cents to $.90 cents, what
happened to the two currencies? Show the appreciation or depreciation rate for
each currency. (Show all work/calculations/formulas.)
5. What are the three-stages found within a
financial crisis for the United States?
6. What were the effects of the 2007-2009
7. What are the issues that are involved with
the idea of moral hazard?
8. What are the various conflicts of interest
found within the financial system?
9. How has the banking system evolved into a
“dual banking system”, and what does this mean?
10. What are some of the ways that moral hazard
and adverse selection are limited for insurance products?
11. What are the protections and regulations
created for pension plans?
12. What is the role of an investment bank,
along with the products and services offered?
Your response should be at least 200 words in
length for all 12 questions. You are required to use at least your textbook as
source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook,
must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying