Module 2 Written Assignment Report Form
This assignment consists of five questions. Each of your responses should be one or more
paragraphs long, depending upon the depth of the question. (An answer consisting of only a few
short sentences is insufficient, and will receive a poor grade.) Add your answers to this answer
sheet and attach your assignment according to the directions in the dropbox. (When naming this
document, please put your name first, such as: Jane_Doe—Module 2 Written Assignment
1. Trace the route taken by proteins manufactured within the cell from the site of their synthesis
to their final destination.
2. Explain how the cytoskeleton organizes structures and activities in the cell.
3. For plant cells and animal cells, discuss how cellular activities are coordinated by extracellular
components and connections between cells.
4. How does the structure of the cell membrane make it selectively permeable?
5. Distinguish among passive transport, active transport, and bulk transport. Describe each type
of movement, give examples of substances that are moved each way, and explain how the cell
membrane accomplishes each movement.