The main goal of public health is to prevent diseases and promote health of a population level.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, identify, research, and read about a public health issue of your interest.
Based on your research, express your views on the following:
- What is the difference between public health and individual health?
- How does the system of health care delivery in the United States support the goals of public health?
- Is the health issue identified by you during the research being adequately addressed? Why or why not?
- What initiatives are in place to address your identified public health issue? Explain at least two such initiatives.
- What are the risks or social factors associated with your identified health issue?
- How are the three levels of government (national, state, and local) working together to address your identified health issue?