Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home (i.e. not humans).
Locate a diagram of that organism that has the main organs and structures labeled. Be sure to properly cite your diagram in APA format and any other pictures you choose to include.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on this topic.
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism in the diagram has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- If the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment, how would things change?
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Include the diagram and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to provide a full reference for the images in your reference section. Make sure to format this as a paper = proper introduction/conclusion, paragraph transitions, topic sentences, etc.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well-written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources. You should have a minimum of 3 information references for this assignment.
Direct Quotes are limited to 2 small quotes (less than 40 words).
Include all references and in-text citations for information and all images – all should be formatted in APA style. Include an in-text citation for each paragraph and image, and include a references section. Assignments with either of these missing will be considered plagiarism and will not be graded.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.