1. Take a closer look at the HIV virus. Review the structure of DNA and the processes of transcription and translation.
Next address these topics on HIV:
2. Discuss the function of HIV protease, integrase, and reverse transcriptase.
3. Identify the characteristics of HIV which account for its transmission. Include the basic epidemiology of this virus and its method of transfer.
4. Discuss the normal function of B-lymphocytes, killer T-lymphocytes, helper T-lymphocytes, and macrophages in the immune system. Explain how HIV affects these components of a healthy immune system.
5. Explain the function of the complement system and do some research to investigate how the HIV virus turns the complement system against the human body. How has this led to new treatments for this disease?
Please cite sources if any.