School Reform in 21st Century America:
- Read a comprehensive educational reform policy proposed by any
recent American President, and take a position on the plan. Be sure to
properly reference the source document you choose to analyze. Select one
area for reform on which to focus the research for your presentation.
What reform do you feel strongly about in a professional sense?
- As you plan your research, consider the following questions (as well as others):
- What is the [issue’s] current status in your school?
- Why is it important?
- Why has this reform not been initiated before?
- How will reform change an aspect of your school for the better?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Who needs to be involved?
- Who is most likely to be affected?
- What steps need to be taken?
- How long will reform take?
- What is your school’s history of involvement in this issue?
- How will reform come into effect?
- How will you know when reform has taken hold?
- How much will reform cost?
- Is the cost realistic for your school?
- What will it take to sustain the results of the reform?
- Brainstorm a research plan to find answers to these questions and more.
- Conduct a literature search and review to learn what has been
done in your chosen focus area. Choose at least three outside
peer-reviewed journal resources and write a summary review of each.
- State your thesis and define the important terms in your
introduction. Be sure to include definitions for rigor, relevance,
relationships, and reform.