Research the case and any ancillary cases to
determine how best to address a situation like this in the future. You
will be analyzing and then commenting on the following key points of
this case in a paper:
1. What is the conflict between the opinions in Johnson v. The Transportation Agency?
2. Why is the holding in this case so important? Does this opinion stand
for the proposition that affirmative action programs are
3. Did the Agency impermissibly take into account the sex of the
applicants in the promotion process and violate Title VII of the Civil
Rights Act of 1964?
4. Evaluate the ethics of this case and suggest potential alternative
means which might be used outside the court system to resolve this
5. Given your workplace environment, explain how this case will affect
gender relations and what actions you can take to minimize a recurrence
of the case situations.
Support your paper with minimum of five (5) resources. Preferably
within the last 5 years. In addition to these specified resources, other
appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be
Length: 5-7 pages not including title and reference pages.