Reflect on your performance as a teacher.
1. What strategies did you use to manage the classroom? Were they effective? Why or why not? What, if any, adjustments did you make?
2. Did you communicate with parents well? Why or why not? What, if any, adjustments did you make to improve communication with parents?
3. Did your instruction lead to student mastery of learning goals? Use evidence to support your conclusion.
4. Which goals were your students most successful at achieving? Provide at least three possible reasons why.
5. Which goals were your students least successful at achieving? Provide at least three possible reasons why.
6. Select one learning goal that students struggled to achieve. How might you redesign your lessons and/or assessments (formative/summative) to increase student learning in this area? Explain why these changes would help students meet this learning goal.
Based on the results of your student teaching, what areas of professional development would be must useful? Create three professional learning goals based on your experience. Describe specific steps to meet these goals.