Read the page 631-633 and answer the questions
- Identify some of the problems likely to occur in a boundaryless organization like Newskool Grooves. What are the advantages of boundaryless organizations?
- Considersomeoftheculturalissuesthatwillaffect a company operating in such different parts of the world and whose employees may not be representa- tive of the national cultures of each country. Are the conflicts you observe a function of the different types of work people have to perform?
- Basedonwhatyouknowaboutmotivationandper- sonality, what types of people are likely to be sat- isfied in each area of the company? Use concepts from job characteristics theory and the emerging social relationships perspective on work to describe what might need to change to increase employee satisfaction in all areas.
- What types of human resources practices need to be implemented in this sort of organization? What principles of selection and hiring are likely to be effective? Which Big Five traits and abilities might Newskool supervisors want to use for selection?
- What kind of performance measures might you want to see for each office?
- How can the company establish a socialization pro- gram that will maximize employee creativity and independence? Do employees in all its locations need equal levels of creativity?