Module 6 Written Assignment Report Form
Part 1 (at least 3 paragraphs and cite the article APA!)
Find a good Internet source that explains an interesting aspect of gene expression particularly
well. Present your source and briefly summarize the information for your classmates.
This assignment consists of five questions. Each of your responses should be one or more
paragraphs long, depending upon the depth of the question. (An answer consisting of only a few
short sentences is insufficient, and will receive a poor grade.) Add your answers to this answer
sheet and attach your assignment according to the directions in the dropbox. (When naming this
document, please put your name first, such as: Jane_Doe—Module 6 Written Assignment
1. Describe the details of DNA replication. Be sure to name all the proteins that contribute to this
2. Explain how DNA is proofread and repaired, if possible, when damaged or incorrectly copied.
3. Describe in detail the hierarchy of organization in chromatin packing in a eukaryotic
4. Discuss different ways that mRNA can be modified in a eukaryotic cell after transcription and
before translation (this process is often termed post-transcriptional RNA processing).
5. Explain the role of non-coding RNAs in controlling gene expression.