MIS 535 Managerial Applications of information Technology
Week 4 DQ 1
Internet and the Web? (graded)
The Internet and the Web are not the same thing. What is the difference between the Internet and the Web? Let’s discuss what the Internet is and how many kinds of traffic, including Web traffic, can run on the Internet. What are the key technologies the Internet is based on?
Week 4 DQ 2
Internet Tools (graded)
Discuss the advantages of some of the current technologies described in our reading this week including VoIP, Unified Communications, Virtual Private Networks, Wi-Fi and wireless technologies like RFID and Wireless Sensor Networks. Are there risks associated with any of these tools?
Week 4 Homework and Midterm Exam
MIS 535 Week 4 Homework 20 Multiple Choice Questions
MIS 535 Week 4 Midterm (Sep 2013)
- (TCO A) Cloud computing (Points : 10)
- (TCO A) Networking and telecommunications technologies, along with computer hardware, software, data management technology, and the people required to run and manage them, constitute an organization’s (Points : 10)
- (TCO B) The value chain model (Points : 10)
- (TCO C) Which common database challenge is illustrated by the text’s discussion of receiving multiple pieces of the same direct mail advertising with an identical address? (Points : 10)
- (TCO D) Which of the following is not an example of the emerging mobile computing platforms? (Points : 10)
- (TCO A) Define operational excellence. How can information systems help achieve it? (Points: 25)
- (TCO B) List three organizational factors that can prevent a firm from fully realizing the benefits of a new information system, and provide examples of each.
- (TCO C) List and describe three main capabilities or tools of a DBMS.
- (TCO D) Describe the effect of cloud computing on traditional IT infrastructure.