In this week’s discussion, keep in mind the various interests of the agencies:
The US Department of State is concerned about diplomatic pressure on China;
The Departments of Treasury/Commerce may be worrying about economic repercussions of a rift with China;
The Department of Homeland Security and the National Security Administration are talking up protecting our systems;
The Central Intelligence Agency and the Department of Defense are preparing contingency plans for retaliation using cyber defenses.
1. Read “full description” in the Week Five forum for each role. Choose a group for role play by replying to one thread with your name in the subject line and the reply: “I am selecting [name of agency] as the agency I will represent in the role play.” Do not load up in one category. If you see that your classmates have already chosen a role, go for another one to even out the groups. It’s okay if we have more than one person in a role if we have all the roles covered.
2. See httpss://www.intelligence.gov/mission/member-agencies.html for a general description of intelligence agency activities.
3. Read Chapter 7 of the Rosati and Scott textbook.
3. Watch the video in Lessons – Week Five.
5. Write a response in at least 350 words following the basic five-paragraph style: introduction to the problem, responses 1, 2, and 3, and conclusion. Use the Rosati and Scott textbook concepts to support your ideas.
Include In-text Citation and a reference page, failure to do so will lead to points deductions.