Throughout this course a number of cultural ideas have been discussed from art and music to architecture and literature. We have also learned about how philosophy and religions have shaped our laws and economics. Each of the before mentioned entities can combine to create a unique culture. Another integral part making any given culture unique is its artifacts. In our current day and age artifacts of our own culture and other cultures surround us everywhere. In fact, the many cultural artifacts we live amongst have deep roots. Many times the roots of an artifact are so deeply engrained in our culture we do not necessarily understand where they originate.
Write 3–4 pages (not including the title and reference pages) after selecting a single cultural artifact you believe best represents the culture in which you live today. Addresses the below points from the perspective of someone trained in the Humanities and include a minimum of 3 references. You may also include an image or excerpt of your cultural artifact. Respond to the following:
· Present a detailed description of the artifact, and analyze in detail how the artifact relates to the values and beliefs of the culture.
· Investigate and evaluate the deep cultural roots of your artifact.
· What historical roots allowed your artifact to come into being?
· Which cultural periods might have influenced its overall development as we see it today?
· How do you anticipate this artifact being passed to future generations?
· What kinds of evolutions might it undergo as culture changes?