Log on to:httpss://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/tech/cloning/ and explore this module
to find the answers to the questions below.
1. Compare and contrast the following methods of Cloning:
Embryo Twinning and Somatic Cell Nuclear
2. How does Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer (SCNT) differ from the
natural way of making an embryo?
3. Briefly explain the medical reasons for cloning.
4. List reasons, other than medical, for cloning.
5. What was the first organism to be cloned? How was it done? In
what year did this take place?
6. What was the first organism to be cloned using nuclear
7. How were the first cows cloned?
8. What organism helped prove that cloning could be done using
cells from males (up to this point all cloning experiments had been carried out
using cells from females)? What was
the organism’s name?
9. In what year was the first human clone created and what stage
of development did it reach before it stopped growing?
10. Give at least two reasons why a clone might not necessarily be
a carbon copy of the donor organism. Name the two animals (they are the same
species) that serve as an example.
11. List and briefly explain the risks of cloning.
12. Choose two of the questions raised at the end of “What Are
Some Issues In Cloning?” Write the questions and your responses to them below.