ETHC 445 Final
1. (TCOs 2, 4, 5, 6) The idea that the assisted suicide of terminally ill
patients should be allowed simply at the patient’s direction reflects what type
2. (TCOs 1, 2, 7) What is the moral ideal of temperance?
3. (TCOs 1, 2) One of the common errors in Ethics is that of the hasty
conclusions. Hasty conclusions consist of what?
4. (TCO 2) Prescriptive language is commonly used in ethics for
5. (TCOs 7, 8) Ethical Egoism proposes that all decisions should be
6. (TCOs 2, 4, 9) Free people are motivated toward forming social
structures according to a social contract in order to overcome what problem
identified by Thomas Hobbes?
7. (TCOs 3, 6) Agricultural biofuels are not properly a renewable
source of energy in the environmental ethics debate. Which of the following
also is not a renewable….?
8. (TCOs 3, 6, 7) The notion that the only thing good without
qualification is a good will is attributed to whom?
9. (TCOs 8, 9) Which ethical concept is organized and directed toward
following the greatest happiness principle?
10. (TCOs 3, 6, 7) Syllogisms in formal deductive logic are called “valid”
11. (TCOs 1, 2) When choosing one course of action while working with a
dilemma, the other courses of action are lost and become unavailable. This
makes ethical choices in dilemma situations particularly what?
12. (TCOs 1, 2, 7) What is the role of conscience as Thomas Aquinas sees
13. (TCOs 2, 8) The rule or principle to be applied in making decisions
is an example of which kind of ethical discovery process?
14. (TCOs 1, 2, 5) The Social Contract theorist whose troubled childhood
was most clearly reflected in his theories was who?
15. (TCOs 3, 6, 7) Kant’s concern that people choose to observe universal
laws as their duty is expressed through what actions?
16. (TCOs 2, 7, 8) Aristotle’s Ethics of Virtue have found modern
application for business and industry through what practice?
17. (TCOs 2, 8) Professional codes of conduct serve what function for
18. (TCOs 2, 7) Aristotle’s Ethical Doctrine of the Mean measured
personal virtues on a scale that included the virtue itself, the excess of it,
and the deficiency of it. If the virtue is COURAGE and the deficiency is
COWARDICE, what is the excess?
19. (TCOs 8, 9) In personal or organizational conflict, what benefits
accrue to all parties when a leader or consultant employees one of the ethical
conflict resolution models of Wk 6?
20. (TCOs 1, 2) The Latin term a priori describes the origin of
knowledge developed rationally, and the term a posteriori describes knowledge
developed through observation and experience. What is an example of ethics is
best described as discovered in a postiori…?
1. (TCOs 1, 2, 3, 7) In support of TCO #7 and in the Week 7 discussions, you
developed and placed into the threaded discussions your personalized ethics
statement of what has become important to you in the practice of ethics as you
have practiced ethics during the course…..?…..In answering, be sure to look
at both sides of war: that is, a country defending itself…..
2. (TCOs 1, 2, 7) Analyze the following ethical situation using YOUR
ethical philosophy. Read the situation and then in your answer, explain why
this is an ethical situation, what the “issues” are, and how an “ethical”
person would resolve them. Explain how YOUR ethical philosophy has helped you
read a conclusion about how to resolve or analyze this situation. Employees’
worth to their employers may diminish before they are eligible for
4. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 9) A first-term junior senator has placed a bill before the
Senate that promises to correct tax inequities that affect thousands of
workers. However,….. Identify and tell what ethical philosophy
the senior and junior senators are using, if any. Now, use your ethical
philosophy to analyze the situation. Explain how, using your philosophy…..?
5. (TCOs 5, 6) You work for a grocery store and a new manager is hired
to oversee your department. He comes into your department (the butcher shop)
and explains to you that for the past 6 months, your department has been losing
money for the store because of the waste and spoilage going on from having to
discard unsold meat and poultry……..Will you repackage the meat in the way
he requested? Why or why not? Explain what ethical analysis you….
6. (TCOs 6, 8) Analyze your answer above using the Front Page of the
Newspaper ethical dilemma resolution model. Show your steps.