I need references or basic answers that I can expand on that would help me explain and answer the following questions:
- Discuss the relationship between distribution of muscle fiber type and performance. How might exercise training modify or change a person’s fiber-type distribution?
- Describe the mechanisms by which muscle glycogen is broken down to glucose for use in glycolysis.
- Describe how a nerve impulse is transmitted along its axon.
- What are two advantages of fat over carbohydrate for fuel storage in the body?
- Describe the primary structure of the heart and the primary functions of blood.
The first question has me a bit at a loss because of the whole distribution question.