You are the senior contracts personnel in a USG department. After a department meeting, your group was asked to review all the contracting activities that your department will be responsible for in the next year. You are to present your recommendations to the entire staff at the next meeting. Attending the meeting is the entire contract and procurement staff.
As you go down the list of approved business activities (that is, activities that will be completed via contracting and for which funding has been approved), you need to determine what types of procurements you will conduct. The decisions to make are:
- a sealed bid process, or
- a two-step sealed bid process, or
- a negotiated procurement.
Required Elements to include in the Situation :
What process you would choose for each procurement and why.
Your programs are:
- painting and re-carpeting a 3-story office building for your staff
- inventory and supply of standard office supplies to be delivered monthly
- a new computer system to replace the current HW and SW suites used in the Accounting Department with approximately 300 people
- landscaping and snow removal services around the buildings for the year
- maintenance of your department-owned emergency power generation system
- T-shirts and hats with logos for the department softball league