Resource: Sample Interview Questions
Select a site for observing and interviewing an elementary or middle school teacher in a grade level of your choice. A school setting would be ideal for this assignment. If, however, a school classroom is unavailable, you may choose any educational setting for children.
Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper on the interview. Include the following:
- Site information: Teacher’s name, grade level, location description, and type of classroom
- Summary of teacher’s response to the interview questions
- An explanation of the importance of using developmental theory in the classroom
- A reflection of your interview experience
- Include reference page in APA Format
Post, along with your paper, a summary or graphic representation of an item from your observation and interview that you might use to support development in one of the domains. This could be a lesson plan, a classroom management idea, a poster, a bulletin board idea, or any other item that you might incorporate. If you did not find an artifact you could use, suggest one the teacher could have used to support development in the classroom and answer the bulleted questions above. Answer the following questions about your item:
- How did the teacher incorporate this into the classroom?
- How might you incorporate this into your classroom?
- What theory is this item based on?
- How does this support development?