BIS 155 Advanced PC Applications
Formulas and Functions (Graded)
One of the benefits of Excel is the ability to use formulas and functions. Discuss the differences between formulas and functions. Pick a function in Excel and discuss how that function is used to calculate results in your worksheets. Using the following scenarios, discuss how you would apply the Excel functions or create a formula to solve the scenario.
- You wish to calculate the commission on sales. The commission is 6% on all sales that are at least 20% above cost.
- You wish to calculate the total pay for an employee who receives regular time for 40 hours, time and a half for 40-50 hours, and double time for hours over 50.
- You have a list of contracts and due dates for annual maintenance fees. You wish to determine when you have a contract due in the next 45 days and provide a note that warns you that the payment is due.
Please feel free to add other, unique mathematical challenge questions to the discussion, and let us work together to figure out how you might calculate it.
Week 2 Quiz
- (TCO 2) An absolute cell reference: (Points : 2)
- (TCO 2) Which of the following best describes a circular reference? (Points: 2)
- (TCO 2) =$E2-G$4 contains examples of _____ cell references. (Points: 2)
- (TCO 2) In Excel, an Argument would be best described by which of the following statements? (Points: 2)
- (TCO 2) The MEDIAN function would identify the ____. (Points: 2)
- (TCO 2) The MAX function identifies the _____. (Points: 2)
- (TCO 2) The NOW function would perform which of the following? (Points:2)
- (TCO 2) The _____ number is the number of the column in the lookup table that contains the return values. (Points : 2)
- (TCO 2) Arithmetic operations, cell references, and ____can be used in Excel formulas. (Points : 2)
- (TCO 2) To simplify entering ranges in formulas, you can use _____. (Points : 2)
- (TCO 7) A _____ helps to ensure consistency and standardization for similar workbooks, such as detailed income statements for all 12 months in a year. (Points : 2)
- (TCO 2) When calculating a PMT function, the PV is best described by which of the following? (Points : 2)
- (TCO 7) Before protecting a worksheet, you should __ the cells that you want users to be able to edit. (Points : 2)
- (TCO 7) Which of the following file formats can store macros? (Points : 2)
- (TCO 7) By default, Excel automatically _____ macros and displays a security warning when a file containing macros is opened. (Points : 2)
Week 2 iLABS
BIS 155 Week 2 iLab (Excel s Advanced Formulas & Functions)