Assignment 4: Leadership Approach
Overall Scenario for Assignments
Assume you are criminal justice professional with a degree and 20 years
of experience in the field of criminal justice. As one of the top three
candidates for chief of police of a large city, you have been asked by
the recruitment / hiring committee to explain your position about
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1) Analyze three (3) primary challenges facing a police chief in a large
city (may be specific to a large city or a large county that has urban,
suburban, and rural areas.)
2) Describe three (3) key skills required of a police chief in a large city, explaining why they are important.
3) Explain how ethics, virtue, and character should be reflected in a
police chief in a large city or in a large, diverse county.
4) Predict what role ethical decision making will have in the future
(next 20 years) of the criminal justice profession and recommend two (2)
ways to use ethics to improve decision making.
5) Support your position statement with at least three (3) relevant and credible sources
**** Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
format (latest edition).