Directions: Be sure to make an
electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for
grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to
use correct English spelling and grammar. If sources are cited they must be in
APA format. Your response should be a maximum of two (2) double-spaced pages in
length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.
The essay writing process: You will write the first draft of a two-paragraph
essay plus a conclusion. You may choose one of these essay topics: The career I
hope to follow; a special or unusual person; the best or worst teacher I ever
had, or the most exciting event in my life. You will be graded on the
1. A clear thesis statement (10 points)
2. Two topic sentences (one for each paragraph) that express the main idea (15
points each for a possible total of 30 points)
3. The body of each paragraph: Each paragraph should be comprised of a topic
sentence (#2 above), supporting details in body sentences (relevant to the
topic sentence), and a concluding sentence (20 points each for a possible total
of 40 points)
4. The conclusion (10 points)
5. Be sure to proofread carefully, including spell-checking. (10 points).
NEED HELP WRITING YOUR PAPER?
PLACE AN ORDER WITH US TODAY AND ENJOY A 10% DISCOUNT. USE DISCOUNT CODE: Disc10