Write a paragraph in response to each of the following questions. Be sure to indicate the assignment number and your name at the top of your paper (or the TA will have trouble giving you credit).
1. Outline Aldo Leopold’s Land Ethic. Does he make a convincing case for incorporating land protection as an element for human ethics?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 12, Nash asserts that the decision to forego dam construction in Dinosaur National Monument (just east of Vernal, Utah) “reversed the Hetch Hetchy verdict” (p. 200). Explain what you think he means?
3. Advocates seeking to protect the Grand Canyon from damming rejected dam promoters’ assertions that the dams and reservoirs would not be visible from most places on the canyon rims. Rather, they stated, “it was essential on psychological and emotional ground to know that the free-flowing river that had cut the chasm was still at work,” even if they couldn’t see it (p. 231). What value is there, psychologically, to knowing that wilderness exists, even if one does not personally visit or see it?
For a custom paper on the above topic or any other topic, place your order now!
What Awaits you:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers