This discussion examines materialism and over consumption in American society and potential impact on values, success, discussion-making and well being.Watch the Affluenza Video before complete the discussion board.
- How would you define Affluenza in your own words?
- What were the primary symptoms of Affleunza presented in the video?
- Do you think Affluenza is prevalent in our society? (Yes) or (No)- Explain why you answered yes or no and provide evidence or examples to support your answer.
- Why do you think the statement ” people suffering from Afffluennza try to fill emotional needs with materials things to make them happy” is significant?
- Do you know anyone suffering from Affluenza, (maybe you)? Describe a few examples of affluenza based decisions or actions?
- If you were to make a career choice based on Affluenza how might it differ from your career choices based on values, skills and interests?
- List (3) values or qualities that are essential to your happiness and well being?
- What steps can you take to insure that those values identified in question 7 can be realized?
- Other thoughts or observations?