1. What is the
definition of culture? How does one become part of a culture? Is societal
culture based in genetics or environment? How so? What is cultural sensitivity?
How does it affect international business?
2. What are the four value dimensions developed
by Hofstede? Explain each of them.
3. What are the four critical operational value
differences based in culture? Explain each of them.
4. Arab history and culture are based on
tribalism. What are the characteristics of a culture based on tribalism? If one
of your friends is assigned to do business with an Arabian, what advice should
you suggest to him/her?
5. Does the American management style of
decision making, a top-down approach, yield more effective results than the
Japanese Ringi style of decision making, a bottom-up approach? Provide reasons
to support your choice.
6. What are the five stages in the negotiation
process? Explain each of them.
7. How do you use the Internet to support
negotiations? What are the advantages and disadvantages of e-negotiations?
8. Sometimes undesirable tactics for persuasion
are used in international negotiations. What are some of these tactics?
9. In building relationships, what should
American negotiators do to increase their chances of success?
Your response should be at least 200 words in
length for all 9 questions except number 5 (just answer with 100 words for the
one question number 5) You are required to use at least your textbook as source
material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be
referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
NEED HELP WRITING YOUR PAPER?
PLACE AN ORDER WITH US TODAY AND ENJOY A 10% DISCOUNT. USE DISCOUNT CODE: Disc10